If you are like many people, you love your vehicle and want to take care of it so you can keep it running for as long as possible. If you have an older vehicle, such as a 1990 truck that has an E40D transmission, you may wonder if you can even get the right parts to keep it in running order.
Parts are Available
Even though transmissions such as the E40D were only put in vehicles up through about 1997, you can still get the parts you need to keep things running. Whether you like tinkering around in the engine yourself or you have a favorite mechanic who devotedly works on older model trucks and cars, it’s good to know that you can find the parts you need.
Things You Can Do To Keep Your Vehicle Running
If you do want to keep your wheels on the ground for many years, here are some tips to help you make this happen.
- Keep up on oil changes and check your fluids frequently. Follow the recommendations by the manufacturer and keep your fluids topped off.
- Drive less. When you drive fewer miles each week, you don’t spend as much on gasoline or on maintenance. The less wear and tear on your vehicle, the longer it is likely to last.
- Keep your testosterone in check. In other words, don’t race the engine at stoplights while pretending you are in the Indy 500.
- Do regular maintenance. Follow the manual and get tune-ups as required.
- Listen to the engine. If that baby isn’t purring the way it normally does, get it checked. If you have a check engine light, don’t ignore it.
- Keep an eye on the tires. Look at them to see if they still have lots of tread. Maintaining your tires can help you avoid the need for a front-end alignment.
- Find a mechanic you trust.
Following these tips can help you keep that older truck or van running for many years. Knowing you can get replacement parts when you need them gives you peace of mind that your vehicle can take care of you if you take care of it.